When studying the topic of India, a Bollywood workshop can be a great way to bring your studies to life. The role of Indian cinema and music in our culture is paramount, so there is no better way to engage and inspire your students.
Our teachers are highly trained in a variety of styles to suit whatever type of workshop you require. All instructors are CRB checked and we have full insurance to teach in schools.
We offer half-day, full-day or even one or two hour workshops; we can work around your timetable. Our instructors come festively dressed in Bollywood costume and we can also provide costumes for your class if required.
Each session will also include a short Q&A at the beginning:
- What is Bollywood Dance?
- What are Bollywood films and why are they so popular in India?
- Explanation that Bollywood Dance is also story telling through dance.
- Explanation & demonstration of Bhangra Dance as a folk dance with origins in farming.
The discussion will be tailored to the age range of the students, giving them many opportunities to explore and ask questions.
The session itself will consist of several components:
- Warm Up/Stretch and introduction to Bollywood movement.
- Pulse-raiser to high-energy Bhangra music.
- Routine involving various storytelling components.
Previous schools include:
- Eton College
- Ruislip High School
- Barrow Hills School, Surrey
- St. Joseph’s Primary School, Covent Garden
- Highlands Primary School, Ilford
- Barlby Primary School, Ladbroke Grove
If this sounds like something you would like us to host for your school, then please get in touch.
Prices start at £275 for a half-day (2 sessions) of Bollywood Workshops.